In April 2010, Theater Wit completed its renovation of 1229 W Belmont, a building with a proud history as a center for the performing arts in Lakeview for the last 20 years.
Primetime rentals for 2022/23 now available!
If you are looking to book space, please email us
Please note: all companies working at Theater Wit are required to provide an affidavit stating that all members are vaccinated before working here.
A community center
The space is home not only to Theater Wit, but three other resident companies, all bringing a remarkable history of vivid and exciting work to our stages. In addition, we rent out our space at competitive rates to visiting producing companies, guest artists, late and off-night productions, local businesses and community groups.
We also have a limited amount of complimentary space available to community organizers and groups
We have three beautiful black box theatres seating up to 98 patrons each. Theatre One and Two are proscenium spaces, Theatre Three is a flexible performance space. Rentals include phone and online box office, lobby access and in building display.
Theater Wit is committed to providing space to arts and community organizations at low rates; we believe in our building as a hub of the community and welcome interested applicants to find out more. If you are looking to rent space from us, please contact us by email at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Base Rental Rate: $2100/week
(Available for registered 501c3 groups only. Call for commercial pricing)
Summer rentals (July-August): tech week additional fee waived
- Includes 4 regular performance weekend (Thursday - Sunday)
- Includes one additional off-night opening/preview preformance
- In house box office services (on site, phone, web)
- Building Access 1 1/2 hours before performance until 45 minutes after
- Full 24x7 access during Tech Week ($400 additional fee required tech week only)
- Intermission-less shows incur an additional $120/week fee after tech week
- House management included
- Additional costs
- Additional performances: $270/show (not including opening night)
- $350.00 additional 24x7 tech (per calendar week) or $150/additional tech day
- $2.75 service fee per ticket for box office from advertised ticket price
Request a run slot
Want a stage for theatrical rehearsals, classes, staff or board meetings? Meeting tables, chairs and work lighting on the stage are available. Times vary, please check schedule for availability.
- Not for profit rates: $25/hour. Two hour minimum
- Commercial renters: $40-$95/hour. Call for details.
Email us about some time
Contracted on a per-performance basis
In house box office services (on site, phone, web)
Building Access 30 minutes before performance until 30 minutes after
Performances take place on existing set and light plot
$30 per tech hour. 3 hours tech included.
Late Night (Fri/Sat after 10:30pm, Sundays varying)
- Rental Plan A: Fixed rental
- $250/performance for 501(c)(3) corporations, $350 other entities
- $1.50/ticket fee for 501(c)(3), $2.50 other entities
- Rental Plan B: Shared costs
- 40% door
- Guaranteed $110/performance minimum.
- 4 performance minimum, no ticket service fee
Off-night (M-W/Sunday evenings/Saturday matinees)
- $275/performance for 501(c)(3), $375/performance other entities
- $2.00/ticket fee for 501(c)(3), $2.50/ticket other entities
Email us about a slot
Corporate presentations/gatherings: $125/hour
We can accommodate press and large gatherings (up to 99 people in the audience) in any one of our spaces. Host your next company-wide meeting or press event here. Rate includes projector rental, sound system, lectern, microphone, projection screen and stage and house lighting provided by our staff and an in-house technician to run your event smoothly. Catering tables available on request. One hour of planning and consultation complimentary.